We are not your ordinary non-profit. We prefer to think of ourselves as an innovative and mission-driven social enterprise. If you can’t tell by now – we like to think outside of the box. And if you do too, we’ll probably be a great match. We are just regular people that have an extreme passion for pets and an idea to change the world for them.
In this role you’ll get to interact with a lot of people, pets, and personalities. But that’s okay, because that’s what makes you thrive. You can handle a lot of things coming at you at once. You’re probably really good at whack-a-mole. We expect you will work hard and play hard. Collaboration is the way we work best. We believe that a multitude of creative minds working together makes all the difference.
THIS POSITION REPORTS TO THE ANIMAL CARE MANAGER AND IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ANIMAL CARE IN THE KITTEN NURSERY AS WELL AS ASSISTING WITH FOSTERS AND VOLUNTEER COORDINATION. THE KFP – PROGRAM ASSISTANT IS REQUIRED TO WORK FRIDAY THROUGH MONDAY.
- Assist in foster coordination, including but not limited to, maintaining required paperwork, scheduling pick ups, arranging vaccines and check-ups, addressing concerns of foster parents, scheduling spay/neuter surgeries.
- Assist with administering vaccinations and medications are directed.
- Oversee KFP Volunteers ensuring that all duties are performed according to protocol.
- Provide world class care to all kittens within our Kitten Foster Project (KFP), which is to include but is not limited to the following:
- Kennel Cleaning
- Administering Medication (as needed)
- Socializing Animals
- Assist in the safe and effective transport and care of animals.
- Watch for and recognize safety/security risks and communicate them effectively in order to prevent injury.
- Direct, train and provide leadership for volunteers while working in close conjunction with the Volunteer Management Team.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 lbs.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 lbs.
- Rarely lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
- Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Have a minimum of 1-2 years animal care experience.
- Have animal handling experience in an animal shelter, veterinary office, training or boarding facility. Veterinary Technician experience preferred, but not required.
- Have knowledge of kittens and cats as companion animals and the ability to recognize change in an animal’s health or demeanor.
- Know about animal welfare and cat health issues.
- Be comfortable handling cats of all sizes and breeds.
- Be understanding of, and commitment to, mission, vision and values of Found Animals Foundation.
- Supervise, train, and provide leadership for volunteers while working in close conjunction with the Volunteer Management Team.
- Foster a positive, fun, and safe environment for volunteers by creating a strong culture of communication and teamwork.
- Take on a diverse range of responsibilities in regards to volunteer growth opportunities through program development, including but not limited to leadership roles for volunteers, volunteer recognition, etc.
We love pets, but they aren’t the best advocates for their own cause. Don’t worry, they’re not offended by that. They give us endless love, compassion, loyalty and cuddles. It’s our end of the bargain to give them food, shelter, protection and endless tummy rubs. That’s why it’s our mission to put pets in homes and keep them there – because all pets are meant to be with good people.
Please send cover letter and resume noting “KFP – Program Assistant ” in the subject line. to firstname.lastname@example.org