First and foremost, Found Animals Microchip Registry’s Service will continue uninterrupted by COVID-19.
We’re here for you. Found Animals Registry is prepared to stay fully functional for you and your community through the COVID-19 crisis. Should you find a lost pet, we remain capable of issuing Found Pet Alerts to the owner so that they can be quickly reunited with their family member.
Building your own COVID-19 Plan
These are stressful times. It can be hard for us and our communities to know who to trust, especially when it comes to our beloved pets. Furthermore, the Animal Welfare community must be prepared for the impact COVID-19 may have on our staff and our communities.
We at Michelson Found Animals trust human and animal health experts to lead us through the COVID-19 crisis, and are happy to report that The Association for Animal Welfare Advancement (AAWA) and The Humane Society of The United States (HSUS) have partnered to create a free (and constantly updated) Shelter Kit for COVID-19.
This free resource includes an ever-increasing base of research and templates. They include:
- General Information on COVID-19
- Sheltering preparedness and samples
- Information to share with your community
- General recommended practices for staff and volunteers
- How to prepare at your shelter
- Structuring a foster program
- Sample documents from shelters around the country
- Disaster preparedness plan examples
- Communications templates (including website copy, press releases, etc)
- A growing list of FAQ’s… and so much more.
Additional Online Resources are available from:
It’s moments like these when the Animal Welfare community need to support each other and bring calm to our communities. We value each and every one of your organizations as a partner and hope to be a source of support for you all.
We will get through this, together.