We are not your ordinary non-profit. We prefer to think of ourselves as an innovative and mission-driven social enterprise. If you can’t tell by now – we like to think outside of the box. And if you do too, we’ll probably be a great match. We are just regular people that have an extreme passion for pets and an idea to change the world for them.
Our marketing team is working hard to change the face of animal welfare and to get the word out about our incredible cause. (Visit our website: www.foundanimals.org to check out what they’ve done!) Collaboration is the way we work best. We believe that a multitude of creative minds working together makes all the difference. We expect you will work hard and play hard. You will interact with a lot of different people and personalities. Some of your office mates will even be walking on all fours – and we’re not talking about that one time at our office game night.
We’re currently looking to add a rockstar senior marketing manager to our team. If you’ve got mad skills in retail marketing, creating and implementing events and getting maximum PR and social leverage, read on.
- Be our Top Dog in charge of developing retail marketing programs that drive awareness and traffic to our two Adopt & Shop retail stores. That’ll include:
- Create a marketing calendar, with seasonal campaigns and promotions
- Partner with the marketing and store teams to execute in-store events and other promotions with excellence
- Organize mobile adoption events (Catty Wagon, anyone?)
- Find great community marketing opportunities
- Leverage the use of social media and PR to get the word out about our campaigns
- Analyze results and learning so we keep getting better and better
- Organize a variety of events, both local and national in scope. From marketing events to our annual gala and Saving Pets Challenge, you’ll put your talents to work ensuring each one is a smash.
- Be available on some evenings/weekends to attend your awesome events.
- Be the “go2person” when anyone mentions PR. You’ll work closely with our agency to get press coverage out about our mission and programs. Who doesn’t want to hear about saving pets and enriching lives, right?
- Have a cheerful heart and be passionate about our mission.
- Learn something new every. single. day. Not learning is sooo last year.
- Do your job to the best of your ability, understanding that you are saving lives.
- Be a leader. Speak up! We would love to hear your ideas.
- Run from anyone that says you won’t succeed.
- Have a BS or BA Degree from an awesome accredited school – preferably in Marketing or related field.
- Have 6-8 years consumer marketing experience, including retail marketing, events and community marketing, public relations as well as across offline/online marketing channels (including paid and social media). You totally know your stuff!
- Have strong writing skills and able to help craft compelling messaging.
- Be a multi-tasking Ninja who can jump from task to task at rocket speed.
- Be curious, with a passion for finding creative solutions to new challenges.
- Know how to keep the big picture in sight while sweating the details.
- Be accepting and welcoming of change. We view change as an opportunity to improve.
- Know what the H-E-Double Hockey Sticks you’re doing when you’re using Google Apps.
- Love puppies & kittens. But, really, who doesn’t?
- Be able to communicate effectively with all types of people and pets (and if you can actually talk to pets – let us know your secret. We’ve been trying for years!).
- Love to be challenged and stretched. No, not literally.
- A burning desire to make a difference and save the lives of pets.
We love pets, but they aren’t the best arbiters for their own cause. Don’t worry, they’re not offended by that. They give us endless love, compassion, loyalty and cuddles. It’s our end of the bargain to give them food, shelter, protection and endless tummy rubs. That’s why it’s our mission to put pets in homes and keep them there – because all pets are meant to be with good people.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com noting, “Sr. Marketing Manager, Retail & Events” in the subject line.