We are not your ordinary non-profit. We prefer to think of ourselves as an innovative and mission-driven social enterprise. If you can’t tell by now – we like to think outside of the box. And if you do too, we’ll probably be a great match. We are just regular people that have an extreme passion for pets and an idea to change the world for them.
In this role you’ll get to interact with a lot of people, pets, and personalities. But that’s okay, because that’s what makes you thrive. We expect you will work hard and play hard. Collaboration is the way we work best. We believe that a multitude of creative minds working together makes all the difference.
Do you ever stop thinking about clients? Do you internalize every aspect of your business and are a bloodhound when it comes to sniffing out opportunities? We are seeking thought leaders to deliver insight and direction and measurable results that our clients can swear by. We seek facilitators who know what consumers care about and how to reach them at just the right time to ensure our success in becoming part of the conversation.
Applying a relationship-based approach, we will rely on you to continually grow our market share within the territory by providing the highest customer perceived quality, technical support and services in the sales of Found Animals Foundation microchips, scanners and free registry. You will be accountable for meeting performance standards in sales, expense and asset control, customer satisfaction, market intelligence, professional skills enhancement and new product sales. A unique professional background that includes experience working in a humane organization is essential for success.
- Be a Sales Guru. You know how to manage the sales process in. your. sleep.
- Research our next potential customers – seeking out customers in animal shelters, spay/neuter clinics, and other rescue groups.
- Discover new leads and assist our existing customers when they need to place new orders.
- Love to tell people about our registry and how it works! You’re a pro at demonstrating our products.
- Get to travel to conferences and trade exhibitions and rep’ the Registry.
- Create quotes for existing and potential customers so they know the what’s what when it comes to pricing.
- Strategize. You like to plan for all of the incredible opportunities of the future by contributing to major proposals and bids for the Western region.
- Manage and deliver your territory’s sales forecast by reporting on our metrics so everyone knows what the heck is happening!
- Stay on track, on time, and on budget by achieving quarterly relationship goals.
- Strive for the best and when you get there, try even more.
- Have a cheerful heart and be passionate about our mission.
- Learn something new every. single. day. Not learning is sooo last year.
- Do your job to the best of your ability, understanding that you are saving lives everyday.
- Run from anyone that says you won’t succeed.
- Have 3+ years experience as a sales or marketing superstar.
- Have at least 1 year of experience working with a humane organization, spay/neuter clinic or private vet clinic – you love our furry friends!
- Have a CAWA certification – it isn’t required but it would surely knock our socks off!
- Be willing to be a jetsetter and spread the word about the Michelson Found Animals Registry.
- Have a degree from an awesome accredited school or have experience that blows our minds!
- Know what the H-E-Double Hockey Sticks you’re doing when you’re using GSuite.
- Be accepting and welcoming of change, knowing that change is an opportunity to enhance and refine.
- Must love puppies & kittens. But, really, who doesn’t?
- Be able to communicate effectively with all types of people and pets (and if you can actually talk to pets – let us know your secret. We’ve been trying for years!).
- A burning desire to make a difference and save the lives of pets.
We love pets, but they aren’t the best advocates for their own cause. Don’t worry, they’re not offended by that. They give us endless love, compassion, loyalty and cuddles. It’s our end of the bargain to give them food, shelter, protection and endless tummy rubs. That’s why it’s our mission to put pets in homes and keep them there – because all pets are meant to be with good people.
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Noting “Relationship Manager (Western)” in the subject line.