The Mishaps of an Adventurous Dog
I know my parents love me to death and this is why I also know they’ve been pretty close to having heart attacks many times since I came into their lives. I am, what humans would call, very adventurous and I laugh in the face of danger. This has gotten me into a considerable amount of trouble in the past seven years of my existence. Here’s just a snippet of the many things I’ve experienced while on adventure with the most awesomest parents in the world!
Fell in a frozen pond:
I am originally from Washington and I introduced my parents to hiking when they met me, since that is a way of life for many in the Pacific Northwest. The buddy (for you folks, that’s my Dad) was testing to see if he could break through the ice in a completely frozen pond. He threw a stone into it and I naturally had to fetch it! I had never seen neither of my parents in so much distress. What was the big deal? They had already taught me how to swim! Anyways, they yanked me out of the water and we ran back to the car where my buddy turned on the heater full blast and made me wear his jacket…
Got stung by a 100 bees in the woods:
On another one of our hikes, in beautiful Mount Rainier, we came across a group of creatures I had never met in my life! All I remember is the Lady (that would be my mom) pointing at me and panicking because I was all of a sudden surrounded by what she called bees! We all ran back to the car. Yes, there tends to be a lot of running in these situations, and by the time we got there my parents had to pick me up and put me in the car. I was very disoriented and did not understand what was going on so I just fell asleep. I later found out that I am allergic to bee stings and that I had been stung way too many times!
Had a stick lodged vertically across my mouth
Panic ensued during this visit to a gorgeous beach in northern California. I was minding my own business picking up and tossing sticks that I found along the water’s edge. My parents were distracted by a silly sea otter, which they found to be very cute, I frankly don’t get it. Anyhow, there they were admiring the fur ball when my incredibly powerful jaws managed to break off a small enough piece of the stick to get it lodged vertically in my mouth. When the lady saw me I was frantically pawing at my face, which got me into even more trouble because I managed to scratch my tear duct with my dew claw. That’s when the blood started pouring out and panic isn’t even the best word to describe the buddy and the lady’s reaction. Before I had a chance to react, the lady had stuffed her hand into my mouth and pulled the stick out. I stick to the larger sticks now a days!
I have also had a limp tail for two weeks because of my over-excitement of hiking along the rim of the Grand Canyon, a tick on my privates, and Cholla cactus barbs on my tail. It’s all part of me being the adventurous dog I am!
Want to get notified when Chester posts a new blog? Sign up for our RSS Feed!
No comments yet.